Junior Videographer & Editor
Hours: Part-time, permanent. 3 days per week
Salary: £22,000 per year, pro-rata
At Skip50, we are a creative agency waving goodbye to dull visual content and saying hello to hassle-free, flexible solutions, designed for every budget. Our work is super fun, energetic and personality driven, structured to suit our client’s needs.
The candidate will be approachable, highly driven and have a passionate vision for their videography career. It is a varied role, with a fantastic range of clients and opportunities to work within a fast-growing, creative, and vibrant business.
The successful candidate will work primarily from the Skip50 studio in Colchester however there will be regular client meetings and on-location shoots to attend at a variety of locations.
Want to know more?
- Work closely with the ‘Video Content Producer & Editor’ and other Skip50 team members to come up with creative concepts/storyboards and styling inspiration for video projects carried out by Skip50.
- Undergo video projects (both shoots and edits) for a variety of clients across several different industries at the Skip50 studio or on-location.
- Work alongside the Skip50 ‘brand guardian’ to ensure all client outputs are consistent with the original brief / creative proposal. Regularly seek out second opinions and creative input from other Skip50 team members to ensure outputs are of the highest quality.
- Take part in client meetings (where applicable) to discuss shoot logistics and outputs.
- Work alongside the Studio Manager to manage your workload and meet client deadlines using the company software.
- Complete video edits on both Premiere Pro. Utilising motion graphics/animation skills where applicable (After Effects)
- Hit client deadlines wherever possible, even if it means going over and above to achieve this. Maintain good communication with clients throughout the course of a project.
- Work closely with the Studio Manager to confirm edit deadlines for video projects, keeping the Studio Manager up to date with the progress of projects.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager on internal marketing content and concepts.
- Be responsible for the security and upkeep of the Skip50 equipment and be well prepared in advance for all commercial shoots. Ensuring regular updates within inventory of equipment.
- Seek out new opportunities for training, constantly striving to develop your skills and improve.
- Proven industry/videography experience
- Familiar & extremely competent within Adobe Creative Suite, particularly: Premier Pro & After Effects
- Strong communicator and great project management skills
- Enthusiastic approach to teamwork and company activities
- A mutual love of all things sweet and sugary – the team are munchers!
Candidates will need to submit a CV, portfolio / showreel and preferably, a cover letter in the form of a video to [email protected] Creativity is encouraged, go wild!
Want to be part of the action?
We’re always on the look-out for enthusiastic and motivated people to be part of our award-winning team…
If you think you’d be a great addition to Skip50 but don’t see a relevant role listed, we’d still be happy to hear from you. Send us an email with a copy of your CV and we’ll take a look at it!